Friday, December 16, 2011

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask

After testing out Dove's Oil Care Range - Here.  I was left with two products remaining from this range to try out - This time I picked up Weekly Oil Care Repair Mask.

I am a newbie in the world of Hair Masks and Deep Conditioning masks. This was the first time I ever used a mask on my hair. I have a dry scalp and my hair dresser advised me to go for deep conditioning masks once every month. I got it done once - Then  back to square one ! I forgot about it and never bothered about my scalp again.

Hence when I received this mask - I was keen on using it on weekly basis and see what results it had on my hair. I expected a lot from this product .....

PRODUCT: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask.
PRICE: 300  INR /-

QUANTITY: 200 ml 



WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS:
Deep inside nourishment and repair for 99% smoother hair based on a lab test in comparison with a non-conditioning shampoo. The vita oils are supposedly a blend of coconut, almond and sunflower oils and are absorbed rapidly. They nourish the hair without leaving it greasy. 



My Experiments and Experience: 
I added experiments because of the variety of ways I tried using this mask. 


EXPERIMENT ONE : Followed the directions - shampooed my hair, apply conditioner -RINSE. Apply mask. Keep for 5 minutes and Rinse. 
RESULT: I didnt see any huge difference in how my hair looked and felt. My hair were soft and manageable and tangle free. 


EXPERIMENT TWO: Shampooed my hair. Skip Conditioner. Apply Hair Mask. Keep for 5 mins. Rinse. 
RESULT: Same !! It was as if I had conditioned my Hair. 


EXPERIMENT THREE: Apply Mask before hair wash. Keep for 30 minutes followed by hair wash and conditioning.
RESULT: My Hair was soft, manageable and tangle free but since I had applied the mask throughout my hair - It made my hair near the scalp very weird, rough and oily sticky. Yuck !!! I had a hard time getting my hair back to normal. 


The same results intrigued me further and I closely inspected the ingredients on the product. I found out that the ingredients of the repair mask and that of the conditioner WERE THE SAME - NO Wonder !!!




This is the reason why - Applying the hair mask didnt make any huge difference on the hair. It gave the same results as when applying conditioner to your hair. 


I would suggest either using the dove oil care range conditioner or the repair mask. Both the products will give you the same result. 

Please Note: The products were gifted by the brand-Dove through a Indiblogger website.

share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...