Thursday, July 7, 2011

Auravedic PURE Brightening Sun Block Lotion

Today I will be reviewing another Auravedic product - Pure Brightening Sun Block Lotion. The word "Brightening" had my attention so i took quite some time to use and write a review on this product.


Product: Pure Brightening Sun Block Lotion.
Quantity: 100ml
Price: 200 Rupees.

What the product claims ?
A luxurious daily hydration lotion with pure plant extracts, anti-oxidants and sunscreens to help protect against free radical damage, brighten and even the complexion,leaving it radiant, with a matte finish, all day long ideal for combination/normal to dry , sun damaged and uneven skin tone, discoloration and dark spots.


Usage: 
Gently massage onto face and neck until completely and thoroughly absorbed. Use 2-3 times daily.


My experience with the product:
Firstly I dont like the idea of  one sun screen for face and neck and using other sunscreen for hands and legs. Its too tedious job especially when you are in hurry most of the times.
This lotion has SPF 30+ which is not that good for mumbai 's summer. It will be good to use this lotion for all other seasons except summers.
So I used this lotion for quite sometime. I like the texture of the lotion - its just right - not too creamy nor too runny.
The smell of the lotion is tangy like... smells like tamarind and kokum. I am not a fan of its fragrance.
The smell kinda lingers for a while but it is gone after a hour or so.
The lotion takes  few minutes to get fully absorbed into the skin.
I did not see a matte finish after i applied it and also I saw NO CHANGE in skin tone so far.
There was absolutely NO brightening effect. 
I liked the fact that the lotion was completely paraben free. .

Love it or chuck it?
I will give this one a pass. You may try it if your keen to use it. Try it and let me know did it brighten your skin?

Please note: The product was sent by the company's PR for consideration. 

6 comments:

  1. nice review rids..try the Lakme ones..dey r nice too..lotus toh is always gud..Bt I use 30 for everyday..50 only when too much sun exposure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bhumika !! I am scared of lakme products.. they always cause me break outs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review :) i prefer SPF50 while going out.sunscreens with lotion textures don't really work!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ... share some love... leave a comment. . :)

share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...