Tuesday, December 13, 2011

CUICU Eyeshadow Palette Review

Eye makeup has always fascinated me - a hint of colour on eyelids instantly brightens them up and makes your eyes more open and bright. Though still a novice at eye makeup - I make it a point to keeping playing with colors to polish up my skills.

KKcenterHK offered to send me this CUICU Soft & Shiny Eyeshadow to review. I normally don't go for browns and nude because I have "Panda eyes" - Huge dark circles refrain me from using browns and nude because they either dont show up on my lids or they accentuate my dark circles. 


But the colors on this palette tempted me to give them a try and hence I decided to give this palette a chance. Here's what I think about the palette--- 


PRODUCT: CUICU Soft & Shiny Eyeshadow
PRICE: $ 6.64
PRODUCT NO: CUICU-C3108-04#


Ingredients: 



First Look at the Palette:
 
CUICU Eyeshadow Palette is a well-designed, fun and cute neutral palette. It comes in a plastic packaging which is sturdy, houses a small mirror inside, two sponge-tip applicators and, of course, 5 eyeshadows pressed in the diamond shape. The whole palette comes in black packaging paper which makes it sleek,cute,compact and easy to carry around. 





My Experience with the Product:

I am in love-hate relationship with this palette - I love the palette for its sleek, classy and cute packaging. All the shades are lovely - Neutral and shimmery. Except the bottom nude shade which has minute gold shimmer in it but it swatches as a matte shade.



 The eyeshadow are excellent in terms of quality- true to its name they are soft and shiny.They're smooth, pigmented and quite long-lasting if you layer the shades over eyeshadow primer. 


I hate it because most of the shades in the palette doesn't show up on my lids- Thanks to the DARK CIRCLES I have been blessed with. I still have tried working with the shades and I felt the white highlight shade is way too pearly and shimmery - they would have placed some other subtle shimmer shade for highlighting purposes. 

I am very impressed with the quality of this little palette, Its amazing to see that cheap products with such classy packaging and amazing quality are coming up for teens and beginners like us who want to practice with a few shades first before opting for high end brands.   

Please note: The product provided by the company's PR for consideration.

share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...